You are here
An Extra Step Can Go a Long Way
Reduce your carbon footprint, and improve conditions for birds. Decisions you make at home affect birds, from the toilet paper you buy to the setting of your thermostat.
- Determine your carbon footprint and take steps to reduce it. Visit the Carbon Footprint Calculator.
- Drive less. Walk. Ride a bike. Take the bus. Downsize your vehicle or consider buying a fuel-efficient vehicle.
- Recycle everything you can. Buy less. Shop second-hand.
- Use less paper. Print on the back side of office paper. Think before you print. Use the “Print Preview” function on your computer to make sure you are printing correctly.
- Plant a vegetable garden.
- Compost food waste to improve soil quality in your backyard and reduce the amount of trash being sent to the landfill.
- Do you have a new addition to your family? Consider using cloth diapers.