You are here
Reduce your carbon footprint, and improve conditions for birds. Decisions you make at home affect birds, from the toilet paper you buy to the setting of your thermostat.
- Determine your carbon footprint and take steps to reduce it. Visit the Carbon Footprint Calculator.
- Drive less. Walk. Ride a bike. Take the bus. Downsize your vehicle or consider buying a fuel-efficient vehicle.
- Recycle everything you can. Buy less. Shop second-hand.
- Use less paper. Print on the back side of office paper. Think before you print. Use the “Print Preview” function on your computer to make sure you are printing correctly.
- Plant a vegetable garden.
- Compost food waste to improve soil quality in your backyard and reduce the amount of trash being sent to the landfill.
- Do you have a new addition to your family? Consider using cloth diapers.