You are here
2012 Annual Report
2012: BirdNote’s Big Year
Your investment in BirdNote helped us achieve several expansion milestones in 2012. Thank you! With your support, BirdNote staff and contractors, board members, and volunteers worked diligently to:
- Produce 136 new stories, including Sounds and Stewards of the North American Landscape, a series that transports listeners to diverse habitats—and introduces them to remarkable bird conservationists. We also revised and updated 95 stories.
- Launch a new, interactive website featuring the entire BirdNote archive, our “Field Notes” blog, nestcams, photos, videos, links to outdoor activities, and much more. Special thanks to The Lufkin Family Foundation for supporting this project! The new BirdNote.org has attracted as many as 20,000 visitors a month—an increase of 250%.
- Expand our reach to more than 130 stations in nearly 225 markets—including KPFT in Houston, Texas and WTEB Public Radio East in New Bern, North Carolina. In addition, BirdNote is now embedded in Living on Earth, Public Radio International’s weekly environmental news magazine, and The Animal House, a weekly discussion on WAMU (located in Washington, DC) that explores animal science, pet behavior, and wildlife conservation.
- Develop partnerships with six national organizations, including Audubon, American Bird Conservancy, Ducks Unlimited, Environment for the Americas, National Environmental Education Foundation, and Partners in Flight. These organizations offer opportunities for BirdNote fans to explore the natural world.
- Create and distribute a BirdNote “widget.” This technology tool allows websites everywhere to connect visitors with our daily shows. Numerous partners, bloggers, and non-profit organizations currently feature the BirdNote widget on their websites, and distribution increases daily!
What do you value most about BirdNote? Let us know at email@example.com.
Thank you again for your generosity and commitment to BirdNote.
President, BirdNote Board of Directors
2012 Annual Report - Table of Contents
Sounds and Stewards of the North American Landscape (Pg 6-7)
Station Map (Pg 8-9)
BirdNote’s Audience Grows: Read Their Stories
A Boat Named “BirdNote” (Pg 10)
Tuning In to Nature at Home and Abroad (Pg 11)
Urban Birding in Washington, DC (Pg 11)
BirdNote Strikes a Chord with Kids
Transforming a Birthday into a Bird-day (Pg 12)
BirdNote Spreads the Word about CBC4Kids (Pg 13)
Passionate Concern for Birds: One Teen’s Story (Pg 13)
What Listeners Are Saying About BirdNote (Pg 14)
Financial Report (Pg 15)
BirdNote Celebrates Bird Conservation Stewards (Pg 16)
Honoring the Legacy of Ardell Kuchenbecker (Pg 17)
Thank You, Donors! (Pg 18-21)
The BirdNote Team (Pg 22)
-- back to top --
|2011 Annual Report||2010 Annual Report||2009 Annual Report|
-- back to top --